Healthy, nutritious, and super-delicious soup. Ready in 1 hour.
- 700 grams/1.5 pounds lean ground beef
- 2 tablespoons Worsheshire sauce
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon dried or 2 sprigs fresh chopped basil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder or 1 clove fresh garlic minced
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 3 cups of fresh or frozen mixed veggies of choice
- 1-liter broth (beef, chicken or veggie)
- 1 large can diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup Frank’s Redhot Sauce
- 2 bay leaves
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large bowl combine ground beef, Worsheshire sauce, Italian seasoning, basil, garlic, onion powder, and chili powder and mix thoroughly.
- In a large heavy-bottomed pot, add avocado oil and heat on medium-high for 1 minute.
- Make small thumbnail-size meatballs with the ground beef mixture, fry on medium-high until all meatballs are browned (approx. 10 minutes).
- Add veggies to meatballs and fry for another 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add remaining ingredients to the pot and bring everything to a boil, reduce heat and simmer on medium-low for 30 minutes.
- Let stand for 10 minutes prior to serving.