Gluten-free and Sugar-free
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup rice flour
- 1/4 cup oat bran
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (chopped) plus 1/8 cup (whole) dark chocolate chips (as sugar-free if possible)
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup liquid egg whites
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Line cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Combine wet ingredients in a smaller bowl, making sure melted butter has cooled before adding the remaining wet ingredients.
- Fold wet ingredients into dry ingredients and mix, making sure not to over-mix.
- Freeze mixture for 15 minutes.
- Remove from the freezer. Form into golf-ball sized balls and place on cookie sheet. Flatten with a spoon to shape into cookies.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until edges are crispy.
- Remove from the oven and lightly push 3 or 4 more chocolate chips into the top of each cookie.
- Let cool for 30 minutes.
- Makes 12 and 16 cookies.