Gluten-free, dairy-free, and processed sugar-free
- 1 cup rice flour
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup cassava flour
- 1/2 cup toasted ground flaxseed
- 1/2 cup oat bran
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
Note: You can substitute any combination of gluten-free flours that equal 3 1/2 cups.
- 1 egg
- 2 egg whites
- 1 3/4 cup yogurt
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup honey
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 cup blueberries
Note 1: If using sweetened yogurt exclude honey from the recipe. Any type of yogurt will work. I prefer either almond or coconut yogurt that is naturally sweetened with honey. Yogurt with berries will enhance the flavor.
Note 2: If using frozen blueberries, pat the berries dry once they are thawed, before adding them to the mixture. You can substitute most other fruit in place of berries.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line or spray muffin tins so muffins do not stick.
- In a large bowl mix together dry ingredients.
- In a smaller bowl whisk together all wet ingredients except blueberries.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix thoroughly.
- Gently fold in blueberries.
- Scoop into muffin tins and bake for 30 minutes.
- Let cool for 15-30 minutes before serving.
- Makes 12 muffins.